Thursday, September 11, 2008

Rice Krispy Treats

If you know me at all, you know i DO NOT like to bake... i LOVE LOVE LOVE to cook, but have never been great at baking, so dessert is few and far between at our house. However, one of my goals this school year is to bake more, and since Noah enjoys helping me cook, I figured he could help me bake! And WOW, did it make it so much more fun. Yeah, they're only rice krispy treats, but making them with a 2 year old was so much more exciting!


Counting out the marshmallows... He would only count to 8, then start over in Spanish, count to ocho, then start again in English. I don't know why...


Pouring in the mallows


Spraying the pan... and the coffee pot, counter, and anything else near the pan... :)


Thank you Mamaw Wilma for this HUGE box of rice krispies!!


Pouring in the rice krispies


Scooping them into the pan. (notice all the zucchini and bananas on the counter...those are supposed to turn into nut breads at some point...)

All done!


Taking his first bite


Nummy! (he can't say Y's) :)

No comments: